Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Comfort food

We had a long day of training today.

A little bit of epidemiology, mixed in with a little bit of public
health, and topped off with a whole lot of clinical care guidelines.
All in all, I'd say we were a little wiped out by the time we got done
with work. On the ride home, Paul, Meena and I hopped out of the van with Smita and the four of us spent the evening at Smita's house unwinding. One of my new habits these days is imagining what I would be doing at that very moment if I were in the states. It usually starts of with me asking someone to turn on the tv, (which none of us own), and then asking where we're going for dinner (especially difficult as we are currently sans car). Tonight's craving was pizza
and beer, and so when I half jokingly asked if someone would call in an order, I was pleased to hear a chorus of voices clamoring for the same. 45 minutes we were enjoying Scooter Pizza, topped off with pineapple, and beer purchased at the local hotel. After dinner entertainment including South Park streamed on Smita's laptop, followed by part 82 of our ongoing debate on the merits of a nationwide public health approach to HIV vs patient centered care (the
Paul Farmer approach).

No comments: